What is Epoxy Grout?
Building a home is a cherished dream. You want the very best of the material and the interiors. When you think of the kitchen, bathroom, pool, and toilet the various types of tiles come to your mind, and along with that comes the dreaded thought of cleaning and scrubbing and maintaining. This scary feeling comes when you use the regular and traditional grout. Traditional grout is basically a cement-based mix. It is not waterproof and when it becomes wet it absorbs water and stains which makes it very difficult to scrub it clean.
The best alternative to the regular grout is the Epoxy Grout, which is made of epoxy resins combined with filler powder. It will keep the shine of your kitchen, bathroom, and pools as good as new for years. Thus creating a signature style home with sparkling tiles and interiors. So the epoxy grout is the clear winner in the cement vs epoxy grout usability and durability battle.
Now that we know of this awesome solution to the scrubbing problem, let’s explore more about the best epoxy grout for tiles in India
Grout is a dense and viscous fluid paste that is used to fill the gaps between the tiles and stones on the walls or floor. The particle used in epoxy makes it more durable in extreme weather conditions be it hotter or colder areas or regions.
Epoxy grouts are available in two variants and both variants are popular based on local choices. Three-component epoxy grouts are flexible in a stocking for the seller and normally all color is available due to part “C” color powder separately vs two-part epoxy tile grout color powder always mixed with resin and at the time getting particular color can be challenging.
Epoxy grout for tiles material comprises several components, including epoxy resin, epoxy curing agent, polymer material, high polymer filling material, and others. The primary ingredients of this grout chemically react with each other to form the grout material. Epoxy grout does not contain water or portland cement which makes it different from the regular and traditional grout.
The particles that are used in epoxy make it more resistant to all weather conditions. Epoxy grout flooring creates a tough seal between the tiles whether it is ceramic, vitrified, or porcelain. This material is most suitable for non-porous tiles like porcelain or ceramic, which do not allow absorption of the grout within the tile.
Laticrete epoxy grout is most suitable for indoor tiles and not recommended for the outdoors because the grout may discolor from prolonged exposure to sunlight and its UV rays.
The secret recipe of the epoxy grout for tiles can also be tweaked to meet the needs of the primary use, and the processing technology can be upgraded to meet various regulations. Alternatively, highlight a specific aspect of the feature. Only the accurate grouting operation may be carried out in the basic application after the various components have been thoroughly mixed. Epoxy resin grouting is another name for it. It will be up and down because the best grout is placed inside. Epoxy resin grouting is specified with extremely high compressive strength. Usually, pure grouting is incapable of reaching this degree. Compressive force.
We are one of the best epoxy grout brand in India. Our Recommendations for using Epoxy Grout will help your house look neat and finished.
Consider these recommendations when choosing epoxy tile grout for your home to make the extra cost worthwhile.
- Make sure the epoxy tile grout color is the same as the tile color. Any tiling flaws will be less evident in this manner.
- Hire us as we are familiar with epoxy grout, as it differs from typical cement grout in several ways.
Epoxy grout vs cement grout
Easy to clean:
Cleaning grout is one of the most time-consuming tasks for many homeowners. When you use cement grout, you will attract additional dirt, making it tough to clean. You will find that cleaning epoxy grout for bathroom tiles is a straightforward procedure. It does not collect stains, hold dirt, or slurp up grease as cement grout does. Epoxy grout for bathroom tiles is a perfect choice.
Cost in the Long Run:
Epoxy grout is stain-resistant, long-lasting, and water-resistant. These are a few factors that make it more expensive than other groups on the market, but it is well worth the investment. Bathroom tile epoxy grout is especially suitable for bathrooms, and it does not require the use of a sealer. You will wind up saving more money in the long term.
Because grout installation is not complicated, many people favor epoxy grout flooring for its endurance and suppleness. Because it is shrink-proof and travels with the building depending on the weather, this is the most refined product to utilize in any commercial building.
As we have noticed from the earlier discussion that there is no real debate over whether or not epoxy grout is a far superior product compared to cement-based grout. There is plenty of evidence that cement-based grout is porous and can be damaged by extremely hot, cold, and moist conditions. Cement-based grout can get cracked and peeled over a period of time. Without proper sealing, its lifespan is reduced greatly. Still, many professionals are using cement-based grout because epoxy grout for tiles is considered difficult to work with by them. But in reality, that is absolutely not the case.
Epoxy grout flooring is easy to install. We explain in very easy five steps how to install epoxy grout for tiles.
- Firstly prepare the area where you will be installing your tiles or mosaics. Clean the surface properly and make sure that you have plenty of room to work. It is advisable to install epoxy grout at room temperature. The ideal temperature range for epoxy grout installation is between 15 to 30° Celcius. Make sure the area where you will be installing the grout is cleaned thoroughly.
- Arrange your tools near you. You should have everything you will require close at hand. This will allow you to work without interruption. The items that will be needed are a grout mixture, trowel, electric drill with a mixing paddle, a bucket of water, a scrub pad, and a dry sponge.
- Mix the Shawar Conchem epoxy grout, Just open the container of paste (part A), open the pouch containing the catalyst (part B), and mix the two together, adding carefully all of part B into Part A. Mix the two together thoroughly, ensuring that it is an even mix. We recommend using an electric drill if you have one to mix the two parts together thoroughly. Then further mix it with the trowel before application. The different and best brand of epoxy grout in India may have varying instructions, so you will need to follow the instructions for the grout brand you are using. After mixing properly ensure that all the components are blended, then the epoxy grout should have a soft, smooth consistency.
- Now apply the grout to the dry joints using the Epoxy Hard Rubber Float. Remove excess grout using the rubber float.
- The grout work should be cleaned and finished while the product is still wet. This must be done in the shortest time possible. Take care not to remove the product from the joints and ensure not to leave stains on the tile surface. To start the process, first, sprinkle some clean water over the grouted surface. Start cleaning with a scrub pad and plenty of water, then use a sponge to do the final cleaning. If you notice a haze remaining after using the sponge this can be cleaned off with a clean cloth once the grout has started to set.
While opting for epoxy grout vs cement grout, match your grout color as closely as possible to your tile color in case of epoxy grout. This will make sure that if there are any imperfections in the tiling or grout, they won’t be much obvious. Please ensure that your tiler is experienced in applying epoxy grout, as the steps involved are quite different from traditional cement grout.
So you are ready with epoxy grout flooring without the scrubbing. Epoxy grout is a fabulous solution for splashbacks, wet areas, and areas that experience high levels of traffic like professional kitchens, etc. The best epoxy grout for tiles in India from us is the easiest, and the safest epoxy grout on the market. It was designed keeping in mind safety, aesthetics, and easy workability. Our bathroom tile epoxy grout is non-toxic and absolutely safe for installers, consumers, and is environment friendly.
It’s very convenient to work with and strong enough to stand up to the toughest conditions, ensuring your epoxy grout tile colors and tile installations last for many years. Our Epoxy Grout for tiles is stain resistant and is equally good for indoor or outdoor use even in extreme conditions, including areas where there will be heavy traffic, and moisture. If you’re looking for superior quality, there is absolutely no better epoxy grout choice than Shawar Conchem grout.